Call For Abstracts
- The Scientific committee invites the submission of abstracts to be considered for oral and poster presentations.
- The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 12 January 2018. Registrars and post graduate students are specifically invited to present.
- Please click here to submit your abstract. Faxed abstracts will not be accepted.
- All appropriate abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. All abstracts received will be acknowledged, and authors will be sent acceptance or rejection letters by the 15th February 2018. Please note that authors of accepted abstracts must be registered delegates. All costs, including registration, are for the authors' own expense.
- Young Investigator awards are available for best abstracts by young investigators working in African institutions or linked to an African University. A young investigator is defined as any individual who obtained their last qualification (such as an Undergraduate degree in general medicine; Masters degree as a Physician or Paediatrician; or Certificate in Paediatric Pulmonology or Adult Pulmonology) within the last 5 years. The awards will cover congress registration, travel and accommodation. In order to be considered for these awards, kindly check the 'Young Investigator Award' box on the abstract submission page.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS:
1. Each abstract must clearly state the following:
-Abstract title (the title of the abstract must not exceed 25 words)
-Name of list of author(s). The name of the presenting author must appear first in the list of authors.
-Affiliation of author(s).
-Contact details of first author (telephone numbers, e-mail address etc)
2. Abstracts must be typed in English, single line spacing, Arial font size 12.
3. The body of the text must not exceed 350 words (this excludes the information listed in point 1)
4. Please adhere to the following format:
-Introduction: should be brief and informative and state the aim of the study
-Methods: include description of subjects and research methodology
-Results: outline the findings of the study supported by statistics as appropriate. Do not use figures, graphs or tables in the abstract. The data provided must be sufficient to permit peer review of the abstract
-Conclusion: provide summary and relevance of the main findings
*Grants will be awarded for the best abstracts!
All accepted abstracts will be published without further editing. Abstracts that do not adhere to the specific format will not be published.